LEAD (Lead, Explore and Develop) is designed to build self-confidence, create positive life skills and develop a sense of responsibility to the community. This is done through fun team building games and activities. LEAD members will take on planning and implementing a BC Youth Week event during the first week of May. LEAD is a stepping stone into our Youth Council group. This program is for youth in grades 9 – 12.
LEAD 2021, $30
February - May 2021
This program includes 6 sessions plus event days.
On certain Wednesdays from 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM.
Dates of virtual sessions: Feb 24, March 10, March 31, April 7, April 14, April 28
May 1-7 Event Dates To Be Determined
Required age: 14 - 18 on the day of the activity
Notes: Access to a reliable device and internet with video and audio are required. This program is planned to be virtual with potential in-person May event dates dependent on Public Health Orders and event plan.
**financial assistance available- for families who can't afford the registration cost
LEAD members will expect to learn:
- Leadership skills
- Team building skills
- How to plan, prepare and run a special event
- Meet youth with similar interests
- Build new skills
- Participate in your community
- Earn volunteer hours
- Opportunity to use the AYC as a reference
- Group meetings once a month
- Potential for more volunteer hours assisting with fundraising events through the AYC as well as other community events