LEAD is designed to build self-confidence, create positive life skills and develop a sense of responsibility to the community. This is done through fun team building games and activities. LEAD members will take on planning and implementing a BC Youth Week event during the first week of May. LEAD is a stepping stone into our Youth Council group. This program is for youth in grades 9 – 11.
LEAD will return in the Winter of 2019.
LEAD members will expect to learn:
- Leadership skills
- Team building skills
- How to plan, prepare and run a special event
- Meet youth with similar interests
- Build new skills
- Participate in your community
- Earn volunteer hours
- Opportunity to use the AYC as a reference
- Group meetings once a month
- Potential for more volunteer hours assisting with fundraising events through the AYC as well as other community events
How to Join
LEAD will return in Winter 2019.