LEAD is designed to build self-confidence, create positive life skills and develop a sense of responsibility to the community. This is done through fun team building games and activities. LEAD members will take on planning and implementing a BC Youth Week event during the first week of May. LEAD is a stepping stone into our Youth Council group. This program is for youth in grades 9 – 11.
LEAD will return in the Winter of 2019.
LEAD members will expect to learn:
- Leadership skills
- Team building skills
- How to plan, prepare and run a special event
- Meet youth with similar interests
- Build new skills
- Participate in your community
- Earn volunteer hours
- Opportunity to use the AYC as a reference
- Group meetings once a month
- Potential for more volunteer hours assisting with fundraising events through the AYC as well as other community events
How to Join
LEAD will return in Winter 2019. Online registration available soon!