Noon Hour Games
Noon Hour Games is designed to engage youth with positive role models during the lunch hour. AYC staff attend the schools and provide recreation, mentorship, and relationship building to youth who are at loose ends during the less structured school break times. This year noon hour games is running at Colleen and Gordie Howe Middle School, WA Fraser Middle School and Chief Dan George Middle School.
The main goal of Noon Hour Games is to assist youth who require extra social support, provide youth with fun activities, build relationships and engage in conversations that lead youth in a positive direction.
The objectives of the Noon Hour Games Program are:
- To provide positive interactions with adult role models that lead to mentoring relationships
- To create opportunities for meaningful conversations within those mentoring relationships
- To give youth the opportunity to meet new friends and develop social skills
- To help facilitate healthy ways for youth to socialize with their peers and build social connections
- To provide new experiences to youth
- To assist youth in developing positive life skills