CALL FOR BOARD MEMBERS
Are you looking for an opportunity to participate on a board? If you have an interest in contributing to the success of youth by supporting youth through programs and services, we are interested in hearing from you.
The Abbotsford Youth Commission (AYC) is looking for leaders to join our board of directors. The AYC is a non-profit agency and has been operating for 30 years. Our mission is to identify, promote, improve, and provide services and programs for youth in Abbotsford.
If one or more of the following describes you, we would like to hear from you:
- Interested and supportive of youth programs to assist them to be safe, valued empowered and connected
- Strong background in programing and evaluation
- Energetic and interested in pursuing programs to support the future of our youth
- A community leader who can navigate funding opportunities, legislation, and policies to support our organization
- A youth, parent or relative who understands the benefits of good solid programing.
- Interest or expertise in communication and marketing of programs.
If you value high expectations, then you will find being part of a board very rewarding. We are looking for directors who will:
- Attend Board meetings on a regular basis -including read all material sent out and be prepared to participate in the discussion
- Actively serve on a sub-committee
- Participate in board training sessions
If you are interested in being considered for our board, please do the following:
Submit a short biography of your background including:
- Why you are interested in joining our board
- Relevant background experience including:
- Board experience if any
- Youth programming experience if any
- Evaluation background if any
**Please email your response to Bev Olfert (email@example.com) by January 25, 2022. If you have questions or would like to get more information in advance, please contact Bev Olfert at firstname.lastname@example.org or 778-880-8559