14yrs – 18yrs
Become a qualified Food Safe Server and be better prepared for employment! The Level 1 course is for food service front-line workers such as bus persons, servers, dishwashers, and cooks. With completion, you will receive a FOODSAFE certificate.
- Saturday, June 2: 9:00am - 5:00pm $75.00 Location: Youth Centre at ARC (2499 McMillan Road)
- Thursday, June 28: 9:00am - 5:00pm $75.00 Location: Exhibition Park, Ag Rec Building (enter at Gate 2)
Red Cross Babysitter Training
11yrs – 15yrs
Learn tips for having a safe and fun babysitting experience! Find out how to interview for a babysitting job and provide age appropriate games and toys, basic first aid, diapering and feeding techniques and much more.
- Saturday, June 9: 9:00am - 4:30pm, $55.00 Location: Youth Centre at ARC (2499 McMillan Road)
BC Youth Week
12yrs – 18yrs
A weeklong celebration of youth throughout the province, focusing on their achievements through a fun and interactive celebration. The AYC hosts events each year from May 1-7 which include:
- May 1: URoc Awards and Ice Cream Social
- May 2: 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
- May 3: Dodgeball Tournament
- May 4: Youth Appreciation BBQ
- May 5: Youth Paint Night (*Registered Program)
- May 6: Toonie Skate and Swim at ARC and MRC
- May 7: Youth Council/City Council Collaboration
- Watch our online calendar for more details!